I have had this recipe for years sitting on my computer and I always share it with my customers when they ask me for a Thermomix cupcake recipe. After another request I realised that I hadn’t actually posted it on this blog….I think I was waiting until I remembered to take a photo before posting! With my memory that may never happen (!!) so I thought I would post the recipe now so I could share it with everyone and I can always pop a photo on later (or if you make them feel free to share your photos lol!!). I hope you enjoy these cupcakes as much as we do in this family. You can of course vary this recipe as much as you want…we often add raspberries and white chocolate…just don’t forgot to press the Reverse button when mixing in your additions!
225 g butter
225 g caster sugar (made in TM)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 eggs (large)
225 g self-raising flour
80 g milk
* Preheat oven to 180. Arrange cupcake cases on baking trays.
* Insert butterfly and place butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste in bowl. Cream together for one minute on speed 4. (Alternatively you can mix on speed 6 without the butterfly)
* Remove butterfly and add eggs through lid one at a time with blades running at speed 3. Allow egg to mix through for 10 seconds before adding next egg.
* Add flour and milk into bowl and mix on for 20 seconds on speed 3.
* Spoon mixture into the prepared cupcake cases.
* Bake cupcakes in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes, or cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 18 large cupcakes or 24 smaller ones.
Update! Many thanks to Jan from our Thermomix team who sent me in a photo of the cupcakes that she made based on the above recipe. Jan placed the milk in the recipe with orange juice and had lovely orange flavoured cupcakes. She also added some orange rind to the icing. Thanks again Jan!