Thermomix Jam Drops
- 125g butter
- 75g raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 185g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs milk
- 160g (1/2 cup) jam of your choice (like strawberry, raspberry, apricot, plum or blackberry)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place sugar in Thermomix bowl and mill for 3 seconds on Speed 9. Insert butterfly and add butter and vanilla essence into bowl and beat for 1 minute on Speed 4 or until pale and creamy. Remove butterfly. Add plain flour, baking powder and milk into bowl. Mix together on Reverse for 5-10 seconds on Speed 4 until a soft dough forms.
- Roll small balls of biscuit mixture with lightly floured hands and place on the prepared baking try about 5cm apart. Flatten each ball with a spatula to make them about 3.5cm in diameter. Make a 2cm-wide indent in the centre of each with your finger or the end of a wooden spoon. Fill each indent generously with jam.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Stand on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining biscuit dough and jam.
- Stand back and watch them all disappear. If by chance any remain, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
PS: The biscuits would look a lot prettier if more care was taken with the jam but I had visitors over so it was just plopped in!!
Adapted from taste.com.au