Coconut Rice Salad
4 rashers bacon
½ each red and green capsicum
1 stick celery
2 spring onions/shallots
200g fresh or frozen peas and/or corn
Few garlic chives (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tin coconut milk / cream
400 g water
1 tbsp TM stock concentrate
200 g soaked and drained brown rice
2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- Wet a piece of baking paper and line Varoma tray. Set aside.
- Place bacon, spring onions/shallots, capsicum and celery into TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds on Speed 4. Place into Varoma dish. Add peas and corn.
- Place chives into TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on Speed 6.
- Add eggs, salt and pepper and mix together for 6 seconds on Speed 5.
- Pour egg mixture onto lined Varoma tray.
- Add coconut milk, water and stock to TM bowl. Place rice into basket and insert into TM bowl. Set Varoma into position and cook for 20-25 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 4.
- Remove Varoma lid and place upside down on bench. Place Varoma dish and tray on top of lid.
- Slice omelette with spatula and place into Varoma dish.
- Add cooked rice and kecap manis, toss together and serve immediately.
From the Healthy Eating with Cyndi O’Meara and Thermomix cooking class.
Cyndi O’Meara is a well known Australian health expert and lifestyle coach who is also a passionate Thermomix ambassador and owner. For information on Cyndi please see her website www.changinghabits.com.au