This Asparagus and Capsicum is and easy and versatile dish that the whole family can enjoy. Serve it hot as a main meal or cold for lunch. It is also great to take on a picnic. Add various ingredients to personalise it to your tastes. This flan can even be frozen and reheated when needed.
ASPARAGUS & CAPSICUM FLAN
1 qty Brioche Dough (page 116 from EDC)
- Pre-heat oven to 160˚C.
- Chop capsicums, leek and asparagus as desired.
- Place vegetables in TM bowl together with oil and cook for 2 minutes at 100˚C on Reverse + Soft Speed. Set aside on paper towel to drain vegetables.
- Place eggs, cream (or milk) and salt and pepper into the bowl (no need to wash bowl) and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 2.
- Roll out dough and line two greased flan tins.
- Place vegetables onto pastry and then pour egg mixture over filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve immediately or may be served chilled.
- For a sweet brioche flan, replace vegetables in this recipe with stewed apples or your preferred stewed fruit.
- The sweet flan can also be frozen.
Also in our newsletter is a tomato tip, cooking class information and details on this month’s host reward! For full details please see:
Have a great month everybody x