The other day “Thermomix in Australia” asked on their Facebook page “What’s on the menu this weekend”. One of their followers, Krishna Ferguson, answered “Just made Lamington muffins – yummo and easy too”. The amount of requests that Krishna received for that recipe was amazing…and I admit that I was one of them! Krishna has also very kindly agreed to letting me share her adapted recipe with you all. I have to agree with Krishna – this recipe is yummo and easy and to top it off my whole family loves them.
THERMOMIX LAMINGTON MUFFINS
- 275 g Self-Raising Flour
- 300 g Caster Sugar (made in TM)
- 100 g shredded coconut (plus extra for coating)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 185 g milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 100 g Icing Sugar (made in TM)
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Pre-heat oven to 175˚C
- Place butter into TM bowl and melt for 3 minutes at 60˚C on Speed 3. Set aside.
- Place flour, sugar, coconut and baking powder into bowl and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 7.
- Add melted butter, eggs and milk into mixture and mix for 20 seconds on Speed 5.
- Spoon into muffin trays lined with patty pans.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside for five minutes.
While cooling make glaze:
- Place butter into TM bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 60˚C on Speed 3.
- Combine the remaining glaze ingredients in TM bowl and mix for 20 seconds on Speed 4 or until smooth.
- Inject jam into the muffins if desired.
- Dip muffins into chocolate glaze and then roll in shredded coconut.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
Makes approx 24 smaller lamingtons or approx 18 large lamingtons. This recipe can be made gluten free by using gluten free flour.
Thanks so much Krishna!
PS: Not sure what is going on but I am having trouble showing off my photo of my lamington muffin. For those of you who would like to see the finished product, please feel free to check out my photo on my Facebook site:-