This recipe was featured in our team’s January 2013 newsletter and it was a big hit 🙂
500g Bakers Flour
2 tsp Dry Yeast (1 sachet)
2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp Salt
250g Mixed Dried Fruit
30g Olive Oil
500g Lukewarm Water [original recipe but I would perhaps reduce to 300 g water]
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Place dried fruit in TM bowl and set dial to closed lid position and turbo twice to desired size. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients:- water, yeast, flour, oats, salt, oil, honey and fruit into TM bowl. Set dial to closed lid position and knead 3 minutes on interval speed.
- Scrape into 23cm round/square grease pan or bread pan. Sprinkle top with poppy, sunflower or simply leave plain.
- Set aside covered with bread mat in warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes. (depending on your oven may take longer but do not overcook – should be very moist.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes then remove and put onto cooling rack covered with a tea towel until cool.
- Slice and spread with homemade butter.
HINTS & TIPS Instead of mixed fruit use just one fruit such as raisins (to make raisin toast), sultanas or apricots. Slice and store in the freezer so the bread stays moist. Enjoy!
Please note that this site is not affiliated with nor have the recipes been tested or approved by Vorwerk Thermomix or Thermomix in Australia and New Zealand. We assume no liability in any capacity, including in terms of ingredient quantities used, success of the recipes, damage to your machine or person. Please always be aware of your own machine’s capabilities and observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix instruction manual at all times.