NORTHERN BEACHES TEAM RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Chickpea and Rice Balls
120 g long-grain white rice
250 g water
20 g olive oil
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
1 red chili (deseeded if preferred)
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 medium egg yolk
15 g chopped coriander leaves
½ tsp paprika
Salt and pepper
1. Cook rice in simmering basket as per EDC recipe. Allow to cool slightly. Preheat oven to 180 degrees while waiting.
2. Place onion, garlic and chilli in TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Sauté for 5 minutes at 100 degrees, Soft Speed.
3. Add chickpeas and tomatoes and mash at Speed 7 for 5 seconds (or until desired consistency).
4. Add cooked rice, egg yolk, coriander, paprika and seasoning and mix for 5 seconds on Speed 4.
5. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each into a ball. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until beginning to brown, turning them over carefully half way through the cooking.
HINTS & TIPS :
For a finger food option roll into lots of mini balls (as shown).
Mix this recipe up as much as you like adding more rice for a firmer texture or more spices for more kick!
Please note that this site is not affiliated with nor have the recipes been tested or approved by Vorwerk Thermomix or Thermomix in Australia and New Zealand. We assume no liability in any capacity, including in terms of ingredient quantities used, success of the recipes, damage to your machine or person. Please always be aware of your own machine’s capabilities and observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix instruction manual at all times.