Here is Jan Fozard’s recipe for Homemade Ricotta as promised!! So many ways to enjoy this Ricotta but I think one of the best is to turn it into Jan’s Ricotta Gnocchi which is posted in the previous post 🙂
Ricotta (fresh) – Whole Milk in the Thermomix
2 litres whole pasteurized milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 MC whipping cream
1 MC white vinegar
1. Put milk, salt and cream into the bowl, cook
18 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
2. Turn thermomix to speed 4 NO HEAT. Add the vinegar pouring in quickly and turn off machine immediately.
3. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Pour the ricotta into a lined sieve carefully and let sit for 10 – 20 minutes to drain.
5. Cool and use as required.
Yield = 500 g cheese
Please note that this site is not affiliated with nor have the recipes been tested or approved by Vorwerk Thermomix or Thermomix in Australia and New Zealand. We assume no liability in any capacity, including in terms of ingredient quantities used, success of the recipes, damage to your machine or person. Please always be aware of your own machine’s capabilities and observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix instruction manual at all times.