Sorry it has been so long between posts but this recipe is worth the wait! We were lucky enough to have the gorgeous Jan Fozard come along and inspire us all at our West Coast Thermomix Branch Meeting earlier this month. Jan is an Ambassador of Thermomix and I was lucky enough to have her as a member of our team. Jan is a creative cook and puts love and life into everything she does. Thank you Jan for allowing me to share your beautiful recipe with everyone. This dish is simple to prepare but tastes amazing, so amazing that this one will be part of our Christmas menu (what do you think Mum?!). Even better is that you can make your own Ricotta simply and easily as well….stay tuned for the next post for that recipe!
This is the basic Gnocchi recipe but this can be dressed up in oh so many ways…with a simple tomato sauce, with a pesto stirred through or with salad ingredients. We served our Ricotta Gnocchi with a melody of tomatoes, bocchini cheese and basil oil. Simply delish!
80 g Parmesan cheese cubed
230 g baker’s flour
450 g drained ricotta cheese
1. Place Parmesan into TM bowl and mill for 10
seconds on speed 9.
2. Add remaining ingredients to TM bowl and with dial set to closed lid position, knead for 1 minute on Interval speed.
3. Turnout onto floured ThermoMat and divide into 5 equal portions.
4. Roll each portion into a long ‘snake’ and cut into equal sized pieces. You can cook them at this point, or roll them down gnocchi board to create ridges.
5. Cook gnocchi in a pot of salted boiling water. (Do not add gnocchi until water has reached a rolling boil.)
6. When they rise to the surface, they are cooked. Remove, drain and add sauce of choice.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we all did.
Please note that this site is not affiliated with nor have the recipes been tested or approved by Vorwerk Thermomix or Thermomix in Australia and New Zealand. We assume no liability in any capacity, including in terms of ingredient quantities used, success of the recipes, damage to your machine or person. Please always be aware of your own machine’s capabilities and observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix instruction manual at all times.