This has been a well loved recipe of Jan’s for a while 🙂
Chicken in Cashew Gravy
100g cashews (grind in TM before you begin cooking, put aside)
2cm ginger peeled
2 cloves garlic
½ – 1 red chilli (seeds or seeded)
2 medium onions
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 whole cardamoms
3 whole black peppercorns
800g chicken skinless thighs cut into 2.5cm cubes
150ml natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 chicken stock cube
1. Place onion, ginger, garlic and chilli (choose your quantity, seeded or unseeded depending on degree of heat you enjoy) into the TM bowl chop 4 seconds/speed 7.
2. Add the butter and sauté for 5 minutes/Varoma/ Reverse/speed 1.
3. Add the spices to TM bowl sauté for 5 minutes/Varoma/ Reverse/speed 1.
4. Add the chicken sauté for 7 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1.
5. Add yoghurt, tomato paste, water and stock cube then cook 20 minutes/100oC/Reverse/speed soft.
6. Add ground cashews and adjust seasoning if necessary. Mix 30seconds/Reverse/Speed soft.
7. Serve with steamed rice, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and give it a squeeze of lime if you wish. Enjoy!
[Many thanks to Ebony from ThermOMG who kindly rearranged the list of ingredients to make everyone’s (especially hers!) life easier when making this fab recipe! xx]
Please note that this site is not affiliated with nor have the recipes been tested or approved by Vorwerk Thermomix or Thermomix in Australia and New Zealand. We assume no liability in any capacity, including in terms of ingredient quantities used, success of the recipes, damage to your machine or person. Please always be aware of your own machine’s capabilities and observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix instruction manual at all times.