As promised, Jan’s Apple Blueberry Brioche!!
Apple Blueberry Brioche with Passionfruit Curd
1 teaspoon salt
14g or 2 sachets, dry yeast
600g bakers flour
1 punnet fresh blueberries (can substitute frozen equiv. 120g)
3 granny smith apples, peeled cored and thinly sliced (squeeze lemon juice over these so they do not turn brown)
4-5 large tablespoons of Passionfruit Curd (see previous post)
Warm apricot jam to glaze.
- Preheat oven 180o
- In mixing bowl add the milk, butter, honey and egg – 4min/50oC/speed 1.
- Then add flour, yeast, close lid, knead for 4 min/interval speed, while mixing add salt (this keeps it separated from the yeast) and then, in the last 30 seconds of knead, add the sultanas.
- Turn the dough out onto an oiled ThermoMat (the dough is soft and can be a bit sticky to handle) and form into a smooth log wrap up and leave to double in volume.
- When it has risen, push it out into a flat rectangle about 35cm x 25cm, spread a layer of Passion Fruit Curd over it, leave 5cm clear at the top edge.
- Over this layer the cut apples and the blueberries, if you wish sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of sugar over it to sweeten a little.
- Roll it all up like a swiss roll, layer a piece of baking paper in a round tin, cut the roll into 5 – 7 cm sections place into the tin leave room to rise, (mine fills a large tart tin, plus 3 pieces into a loaf tin). Sprinkle almond slivers over the top,
- Leave to rise until doubled, ( approx 30 minutes) and then bake in preheated oven for 25 -30 minutes or until browned and cooked.
Glaze with warm apricot jam, we used some leftover Mango and Rum glaze. Serve with some more Curd. Yumm!
Hope you enjoy Jan’s beautiful recipe! x