When I was visiting one of my gorgeous consultants the other day there in the middle of the kitchen bench top sat a huge plate of scones. I loved the scones and the story that she was trying out a converted recipe from one of her new owners. I asked for the recipe and of course asked if I could share with all of you to enjoy too! Thank you Carla for letting us share this recipe. I also love Lissa’s introduction to the scones so I am sharing this with you too 🙂
One of my lovely customers Carla, has only had her TM a matter of days. She is an inspiration. Not only has she used it to absolute full capacity, she is converting her own recipes already. Clever girl. She has been kind enough to share with me her converted recipe for scones, which she says are the best scones in the world.
The recipe has been converted from an old Masterchef recipe, date and lemon scones, minus the dates and lemon zest.
They are sooooo good. Light and fluffy. Thanks Carla
The original recipe has 1 cup chopped dates and the zested rind of 1 lemon. To do that recipe, I would chop the dates in the TM firstly and set them aside.They would be added in later with the flour. The lemon rind, I would add in strips, to the TM bowl with the sugar.
450 g S.R flour
20 g raw sugar
Extra milk for brushing
1. Pre heat Oven to 190° fan forced. Line a shallow baking tray with gladbake.
2. Place sugar in TM bowl and blitz for 15 seconds on speed 9.
3. Add egg, milk and cream into the TM bowl . Mix for 10 seconds on speed 3.
4. Add flour and mix on speed 5 for 6 seconds. Turn out onto thermomat and cut shapes with the MC.
5. Place onto the tray and brush with milk. If liked, scatter with a little castor sugar.
6. Bake in oven for about 12 minutes.
Please note that this site is not affiliated with nor have the recipes been tested or approved by Vorwerk Thermomix or Thermomix in Australia and New Zealand. We assume no liability in any capacity, including in terms of ingredient quantities used, success of the recipes, damage to your machine or person. Please always be aware of your own machine’s capabilities and observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix instruction manual at all times.