So happy to be sharing Jan’s Banana and Date Loaf recipe with you. Hope you all enjoy too x
Banana and Date Loaf
2 large over-ripe bananas
125g Butter, Melted
300 g Greek Yoghurt (can be pre-made in Thermomix)
100 g thick cream
2 teaspoons Bicarbonate Soda
230g Caster Sugar (pre mill in Thermomix)
300g plain flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
90 g pitted dates
20 g slivered almonds
Preheat the oven to 180o C
1. Place the peeled bananas and dates into the Thermomix bowl, 30 seconds, speed 7, scrape out of the bowl and put aside until needed.
2. Place butter into the Thermomix Bowl, 3 minutes, 50o, speed 3 .
3. Add the yoghurt, cream, and bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar and eggs to bowl, mix 30 seconds, speed 3.
4. Combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder, banana and date mixture with bowl ingredients 1 minute, speed 3.
5. Put into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle with the almonds and bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
Serve with Maple, Cinnamon or Honey Butter
Please note that this site is not affiliated with nor have the recipes been tested or approved by Vorwerk Thermomix or Thermomix in Australia and New Zealand. We assume no liability in any capacity, including in terms of ingredient quantities used, success of the recipes, damage to your machine or person. Please always be aware of your own machine’s capabilities and observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix instruction manual at all times.